Thursday 19 March 2015

One Day, Maybe, We Will

Three kinds of days,
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow,
I look at yesterday,
It was fine,
Tomorrow, 
They say,
It'll be fine,
But today,
As I thought yesterday,
Would be fine,
It isn't,
Yesterday wasn't fine,
It felt though,
Yet,
It wasn't.
~
Truth remains,
Memories remain,
People remain,
And problems remain,
So does fear,
And so do those dreams,
And will,
And tears,
And sorrow.
~
I talked today,
And today I can't sleep,
Cuz today,
I'm afraid,
As always,
I'm afraid,
More so,
By the nothingness,
By the struggles,
By the real tests,
Of tomorrow.
~
I have,
A story to tell,
Will you listen?
I have,
Fears of mine,
Failures of mine,
To discuss,
Will you listen?
I have,
A box,
Full of diaries,
Full of truths,
And of realities,
Ugly,
And petty,
Waiting to be heard,
Will you listen?
~
No you won't,
Why would you?
Why should you?
I'd be the one at fault,
Always,
Because,
I didn't listen,
To the staunch,
Strong cry inside me.
Why would you?
Or why should you?
I'm blind to faith,
And to reality,
I glide,
I fall,
And I bruise,
And I deserve it,
And I'm losing it,
Why should you,
Listen to the crackling,
And shattering of soul of mine?
My broken soul,
Is mine to bear,
It's not yours,
But mine to bear.
~
Through some twist of fate,
They brought you to me,
I'd long decided I'll never say no,
And they won't let you say so,
Such will be the tragedy,
That an entire season,
An entire autumn,
Will last a lifetime,
For you,
Not for me.
~
I have,
My soul ripped apart,
No marriage,
No commitment,
Can ever end the suffering,
The defeat lasts,
Without respite,
Without resort,
For you,
And for me.
~
Forgive me,
For you've been kind,
Not me,
I can never be,
Yesterday wasn't fine,
Neither is today,
Nor will be tomorrow,
Forgive me,
For all my unkindness,
In this world,
I wasn't meant to be,
And,
Through some twist of fate,
They brought you to me,
I had long decided,
I'll never say no,
And they'll never,
Let you say so.
~
SaलिL

No comments:

Post a Comment