Tuesday 28 October 2014

That tired soul

I start from work,
For home,
At six thirty,
In the evening.

I’d be home,
Typically,
By eight, in the evening.

I start from work,
A little early,
Today.

I take a shared cab,
Auto, we call it,
It’s an eight seater,
Hoodless,
Winger,
Or its variant.

I enter the cab,
That eight seater,
To see it’s full.

But there’s some space,
Driver tells me,
So I enter.

After a few stops,
Some drop by,
I get enough space.

Cab reaches its last stop,
I step down,
I walk across the traffic signal,
With a traffic ready to kill,
To reach home early.
I am not in a hurry,
So I wait,
For my turn.
I walk,
So I get my turn,
Quite easily.

But,
As it takes,
It takes time,
Till I get one.

But I do,
So I walk,
And reach,
The next bus stop,
And wait.

I have,
A piercing,
Bowing, shoulder ache.

From my chest,
Piercing through my shoulder,
And my arm.
So I wait,
For a bus with space.

I get a bus,
With space enough,
For me to find,
Some space,
To place,
My bag,
And my back,
And the back,
Of my hand.

The bus reaches its last stop,
I step down.

My house is away,
From the last bus stop,
Of the bus,
I just talked,
By a Kilometer,
And a quarter.

So I walk,
Because,
The shared cab,
The eight seater,
Will adjust twelve.

So I walk,
Like everyday,
With a shoulder ache,
So I walk,
Slowly,
But I walk,
Like everyday.

I look at my phone,
Not to talk,
But to check the time,
It says seven: forty eight,
I am half a kilometre,
Away,
From my place,
An apartment.

I get a poem in my mind,
No way can I complete,
Before eight,
In the evening,
I think.

I might just begin writing,
I think,
Before eight,
In the evening,
If I rush.

But I got,
A shoulder ache,
Starting from my chest,
And piercing through my shoulder,
Right across my arm.

So I walk,
But I don’t rush,
I reach the block,
I walk through its pathway,
Climb up the stairs,
Unlock the doors,
I enter my apartment.

I shut my door,
I check my phone,
Not to talk,
But for time,
It’s seven: forty,
In the evening.

How is it so?
I actually saw,
Something like seven: twenty eight,
Or seven: eighteen,
In the evening,
But this tired soul,
Had lost before playing,
It read seven: forty eight,
In the evening,
Even though,
It wasn’t.

I tell myself,
I can finish this poem,
If I rush,
Before Eight,
In this evening.

I won’t rush,
I don’t want to,
I change my clothes,
Hit the loo,
Lighten up,
I check my second phone,
Not to talk,
But for its internet connection,
It’s my internet hardware,
Too.

I set up my second phone,
As a Wi-Fi hot spot,
Turn my computer on,
It automatically connects,
To the Wi-Fi hot spot,
And I check my phone again,
It tells me it’s seven: forty six,
In the evening.

If I hog my keyboard,
Rush my thoughts,
I can still complete the poem,
By eight,
In the evening.

So I run the software,
I use,
To write,
And, I write.

And then,
I check my phone,
For it,
Is ringing,
A friend is calling,
Wanting to talk.

So I talk,
I talk and talk and talk,
To froth,
And to flock,
On our lives,
And our times.

I lost,
Because I am late
Way too late,
Was too late,
And will always be.

There was never,
Ever a way,
To finish this poem before eight,
In the evening.

It is,
After all,
Mine,
And I,
And I alone,
Get to choose when I want to end it.





1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. Loved reading it. Pleasant as always. Thank u again for the share.

    ReplyDelete